Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Journal 8

At this point in the semester we have already taken the midterm and written our first paper. I think that some things that I did in preparing for these two things were good, and others, I could have done a little better on. The midterm was a little tricky to me. I studied really hard on all of the literary terms. Although, I did make a few mistakes on my midterm on the literary terms section. For the final, I will make sure that I start studying and working on my terms in advance. I also worked hard on trying to analyze the story. I think I waited until the last minute to work on that part, so I did have a few mistakes. The last page of the midterm is where I really need to study. I will also be sure to know that everything that I am studying is correct. I will need to make sure that I let Dr. Armstrong look over my study guide, so I will know if I do have any mistakes. I will start studying and looking over everything that we do in class each week, then I will not feel like I am cramming so much. I believe that the paper went well. I am pretty sure that most of my information was accurate. For our next paper, I will start off with a rough draft and let Dr. Armstrong look over it, and correct any mistakes that I have. I did not get a chance to do that with the past paper. I also think that I could have learned a little more about my literary theory that I chose. I believe that everything that we have turned in and completed so far, like the midterm and the paper, were to help us learn and know how to go about doing things differently when working on the final paper, and the final exam.

1 comment:

  1. Preparing things for me to look over beforehand is a great idea. And your belief (in the final sentence) is correct: the ultimate aim of all this is to prepare you for the final paper and exam. ... Keep up the good blog work.

    ReplyDelete