Friday, March 13, 2009

Journal 5

This semester we have learned a lot of new terminology that will be on our upcoming exam. I have recently been trying to prepare as much as possible. I do have a vocabulary study sheet that I use to study. One thing that really helps me with learning new terms is making note cards. I make note cards with the term on one side and on the opposite side I put the definition and clear examples. I go over these new terms every day to learn and make sure I know them. This English 112 class has made me think a lot more. I do use our new concepts and ideas when reading and taking notes. Some of these concepts make clear sense to me, and others are a little more challenging for me. This just means that I will have to prepare for the ones that are more challenging even more. One of the terms that I find challenging is 'New Criticism.' The definition of new criticism is a method of literary criticism that concentrates on textual explication and considers historical and biographical study as secondary. This one is slightly confusing to me. This means I really need to make sure that I pay close attention and learn exactly what this term means, along with all of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment